Aesthetics, Craft & Technology
The Craft & Technology department provides applied learning platforms in Art, Design & Technology, Electronics, Food & Nutrition, Mobile Robotics and Music.
Students learn by doing and finding meanings for real-world application of subject knowledge.
Through the learning process, students cultivate creative, critical and reflective thinking to make sense of their learning and to develop related dispositions such as empathy, resourcefulness and joy of learning.
1. Community Art Project Through community art projects, students are exposed to different forms of art making. They can experience art making with the community and enjoy the opportunity to express their artistic ideas.
2. Enhanced Music Programme Aspiring students who have the passion, talent and aptitude for music can opt to continue mastering and pursuing a lifelong interest in this area through the enhanced music programme. Students can look forward to deepening their musical knowledge, learning from artists and musicians and contributing to the cultural life of the community.
3. School Improvement Project Students further hone their skills in designing and product development through involvement in the various school improvement projects such as re-designing a form collection box for school office, or mobile notice stands for use in school’s events etc.
4. Intergeneration Learning Programme Working with agencies such as National Silver Academy, students share their nutrition knowledge with seniors and exchange culinary tips where both seniors and students learn from each other on food nutrition, culinary skills and, food heritage and culture.
5. Industrial Mentorship Programme Working with agencies such as the Singapore Science Centre, students with a strong disposition in electronics and robotics will be attached to an industrial mentor where they work together to develop smart projects that serve the community.